GUIDED HIKING TOURS IN MITTERSILL FOR BRÄURUP GUESTS
Ranger and mountain guide tours included
Together with real hiking specialists, you can go on wonderful hiking tours in Mittersill and the surrounding area. As a guest of a certified hiking company, you can explore the most attractive spots in the vast national park region together with experienced guides. Rangers and mountain guides will introduce you to the vast hiking area around our Hotel Bräurup, and you can explore the area with them.
The hiking program
Your hiking guide in Mittersill is available to you six times a week in the peak season and three times a week off-season. Mountain guides and national park rangers will introduce you to the most beautiful spots in the wide region, accompanied by fascinating natural stories and insights into bygone days. You can get the current guide program from reception. This is what the hiking program 2022 looks like:
Low season: from May 3rd to June 25th, 2021
3 guided hikes per week
Monday – Along the Hohe Tauen Panorama Trail to Mittersill
Wednesday – Hike along the bee educational trail including honey tasting
Friday – Via the Hörgeralm to the Plattinger (2,017m)
High season: from June 27th to August 29th, 2021
6 guided hikes per week
Sunday – Hike to the Panoramaalm with ascent and descent with the Panoramabahn
Monday – Hike to the Gaisstein (2,363m)
Tuesday – Knappenweg Stuhlfelden
Wednesday – Over the Schösswenklamm to the Hintersee
Thursday – Life on the mountain stream – hike along the educational stream trail to the Senningeralm
Friday – Hike from the Berghof to the Mittersiller Platte (1,787m)
Low season: from August 30th to October 29th, 2021
3 guided hikes per week
Monday – Hike around the Wasenmoos high moor
Wednesday – Hohe Tauern circular route
Friday – Maurerkogel (2,129m)
Furthermore, we offer exclusively for our guests in the hiking hotel Mittersill:
Hike with a family member of the Gassner family to the in-house Ehrenfeuchtenalm in Mittersill with leisure time at the end.
Walking time approximately 2 hours
Please register in advance!
Subject to changes.
All guiding information at a glance
We have put together for you allyou should know about the guided hikes in Mittersill and the surrounding area:
- Sign up: Reserve the day before up to 5p.m. at the reception or in the tourist office, or out of hours you can reserve directly with the hiking taxi. The reception team will be happy to help!
- You will receive a hiking taxi ticket, to give to the driver.
- Duration: Half-day hikes 3-4 hours, full-day hikes 6-8 hours
- Costs: The hikes themselves are free of charge. You only need to pay for additional transport by private taxi.
- Snack package: A packed lunch is recommended, especially for longer hiking tours in Mittersill, which you can order in advance at the reception.
- Equipment: Walking sticks, drinking bottles, rain capes and rucksacks can be borrowed from reception.
Further information on the duration, difficulty, and number of participants of the individual day hikes can be found in the hiking guide, which is available at the information desk. The reception team will be happy to advise you.
Explore Mittersill from its most beautiful side and tour the National Park as a Bräurup guest – we look forward to seeing your no-commitment holiday inquiry!